Welcome to the
Wales School for Primary Care Research
The Wales School for Primary Care Research (WSPCR) is a virtual school and partnership between the Universities of Cardiff, Bangor, Glyndŵr, Swansea and University of South Wales, funded by NISCHR, Welsh Government. It is a multi-disciplinary collaboration of primary care disciplines.
We are building up a network of researcher and clinician members interested in primary care news and research collaborations.
Sign up to the network here.
Wider Aims & Objectives
- To maintain, coordinate and develop strong academic leadership from within the primary care research community.
- To build research capacity and capability across Wales and across all primary care disciplines.
- To increase the research evidence-base for primary care practice in order to facilitate the implementation of the vision outlined in 'Designed for Life’ and to inform clinical practice and health care policy.
- To contribute to NISCHR aims and objectives and support the needs of collaborators.
- To promote the interests of primary care research among professional bodies in Wales and beyond.
- Build collaborations and involve users to identify and prioritise primary care research development themes.
- Lead and facilitate successful primary care research funding proposals that have a:
- High quality and value.
- Multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach.
- Themes consistent with Welsh primary health care policy priorities.